New Song: Goodbook 08-13-18

"Sing to the Lord a new song!"

That was the challenged I shared from Scripture this week in worship.  Old songs are great.  We can celebrate the rich heritage of music that has been written throughout history.  At the same time, God commands us to create new songs that give a fresh expression from our soul.  I closed the message with a challenge for every single one of us to write a new song.  This is something we all can do and we all need to do.  Singing a new song helps us practice two elements of faith that don't always come naturally to us: praying and proclaiming.  To learn more, listen here: SING A NEW SONG.

Below are some prompts to help you write a new song to the Lord.  I'd love to hear your song and share mine with you.  Post your song in the comments section and I will compile them all together.  I may even partner with you to put music with your song. :)

1. The most pressing thing on my heart right now is…  
2. If I could say something to God right now, I would say…  
3. The most memorable moments in my faith journey have been…  
4. The thing I most want to tell others about God is…

No comments:

Post a Comment